Monday, October 12, 2020

Gingham Just Because

 My sweet friend Mary Anne recently sent me a nice assortment of these gingham/buffalo check dps.  Here's my first use of one of them.

supplies: white cardstock, grey gingham dp, Simon's Mom's Meadow and sentiment from Leafy Frames stamps, Stitched Circle die

Since this is such a simple design, I decided to try and do a partial die-cut of the stitched circle, to hold a sentiment.  So from an A2 panel, I laid out the die, then the stamp, and used washi tape to hold the die down and to know where to stop cutting.  I removed the stamp, then ran it through my BigShot.  Then I placed my stamp, colored it, and fussy cut it out along the outer edge.  

This flower sprig is just the right size to fit across the width of an A2 card - I decided to have it cascading down this time around.  

As always, thanks for stopping by my blog!

6 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Charming!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your flower circle atop the grey gingham, Lin - so pretty!!

Cat Craig said...

Love.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the gray and yellow, this is charming Lin!

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, is there any need to say 'you had me at grey?' What a gorgeous place for your pretty floral circle!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. The yellow flowers just pop on the gray gingham background. Love how you did the partial die cutting on the circle and flowers. TFS