Friday, October 16, 2020

Grateful Leaves

 Today I have another card made using the Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp and stencil combo.  This set is very addictive, and comes together so quickly!  And although I'm using fall colors again, it would be just as pretty done in several shades of greens, or pastels for spring.  What sets this set apart is the addition of a detailing stamp to give more depth to the stencilled leaves.


supplies: ivory and Orange Peel cardstock, a plank dp, Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background set, ripe persimmonpeeled paint, and vintage photo distress inks, (retired) Neat & Tangled Maple Leaf die and an unknown sentiment die

I stamped and stencilled my panel, trimmed it a bit, then die-cut the maple leaf and sentiment dies.  The panel was popped above some woodgrain patterned paper, then my sentiment was centered inside.

Distress inks work really nicely with these stencils - I applied them with a blender brush; and the stencils themselves clean up easily with just water, since these inks are water-based.  If you'd like to see some more color combinations for this set, you might like to go back to THIS POST.  I think this set will become a much-used favorite!

Thank you for stopping by - have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the cutout for the leaf! This is pretty Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

A very pretty card - that stencil/die combination looks to be very versatile Lin - I look forward to seeing other projects using it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine