Monday, August 30, 2021

An Elegant Snowflake?

I have another card to share with you that uses new dies from Spellbinders/Becca Feeken.  She has a new holiday collection out called Holiday Medley, and I used her All is Calm dies to make a glitzy snowflake card.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue card, silver mirror card, Spellbinders All is Calm dies (includes 2 sentiments), a snowflake embossing folder, silver and aqua pearls

When I think of Becca, I think of elegant designs, so I chose some silver metallic cardstock and paired it with aqua for my card.  I paper-pieced in some of the tile design, adding pearls, then cut a 2nd frame from silver and turned it 90 degrees before attaching it to the ornate one to make an 8-point snowflake.  There are 2 sentiments in this set - I chose the snow one and cut it twice from both colors and layered them a bit offset to carry the sparkle all the way down the card.

I also considered making this "snowflake" into a tree ornament by adding a hanger to the top, and that could still be done if the card is dismantled and backed with a 2nd pieced square.  The silver would certainly reflect the tree lights nicely!

As always, my thanks to Spellbinders for allowing me to play with their goodies! 

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks just like stained glass, Lin - love your elegant snowflake with the embossed snowflake background!!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Lin. A really gorgeous card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an innovative use of the die, Lin and an exquisite card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine