Friday, August 20, 2021

Spellbinders Fall Traditions

Spellbinders very kindly sent me some new dies from their Fall Traditions collection, which is launching today.  I have 2 makes for you today using them.


supplies: cream, kraft, black, brown, Sunshine, Orange Peel, Lipstick Red, and Burnt Orange card, Spellbinders Happy Turkey Day dies, and a retired Thanksgiving die (October 2018 Small Die of the Month)

This was so fun to put together!  He is about 3 3/4" square, and has etched details for his body and feathers.  Don't you love his pilgrim hat?!  

I decided to put him onto a place card.  You would normally put the names of your guests at the bottom, but since I had this retired Thanksgiving die, I used it instead.  Or you could use another sentiment, perhaps "Gobble" would be fun!

This would make a fun project for your kids - provide them with the parts, and let them put them together as they like!

Next, a card that uses their new Autumn Leaves dies.  Once again, the leaf details are etched into each die.  There are 9 different leaves in the set!


supplies: ivory cardstock, a variety of tone-on-tone patterned papers, Spellbinders Autumn Leaves dies, Sunny Studio Autumn Greetings sentiment, gold embossing powder, gold enamel hearts

I dug into my immense collection of patterned papers to cut out these leaves, sticking to autumnal colors.  I've always liked these warm colors paired with a teal or aqua, and this background fit the bill nicely.  I simply gold-embossed my sentiment into a strip, then tucked the leaves behind it.  

As always I so appreciate the opportunity to play with these new things from Spellbinders!  Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are CUTE! The turkey is perfect for place cards and I love the leaves you've tucked in to border the sentiment. Delightful cards, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What greata cards Lin. love your little Turkey. Just adorable

kiwimeskreations said...

The turkey is such a fun fellow. Loving the leaves too - that would be a very versatile set, The detail on all the dies is fabulous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling placecard with Mr. Turkey, Lin, and I love all the colorful leaves against the blue background!!