Friday, November 26, 2021

Holiday Botanical Background

 Today I have a bunch of Christmas cards all made from the same set of stencils.  I like this Holiday Botanical Background set because it gives the effect of a wreath, only in rectangle form, with the center left open for whatever you choose to add to it.  

Here's my favorite color combination first.


supplies: white and Schoolhouse Red card, Pink Fresh Studio Holiday Botanical Background stencil set, twisted citron, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, and festive berries distress inks, Simon blender brushes, Your Next Stamp Merry & Bright die and matching sentiment

Here's more cards using these stencils and adding lots of my own sentiments from Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp.  I mixed up teals, greens, pinks, and reds.



These lie flat, so they're easy to mail.  You could go a step further and add some sequins or gems or pearls for the berries, or make the sentiment smaller and use a snowman or a bird or ?????  You could do some fussy-cutting like I did on the outside edges of the top left card here; the sky's the limit!

This stencil set is 4 steps, and is easy to line-up.  I stencilled these 6 cards in 1 block of time, then added my sentiments and finished them into cards in another block.

Hope I've inspired you to give these a try!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

They all looks so pretty together, Lin!

Dawn T said...

Awesome cards Lin. Love all the colour combos