Monday, March 14, 2022

Spring Into Stitching release! Stitched Flower

 Spellbinders is releasing some new dies made for stitching - they're called "Spring into Stitching".  There are 4 different designs; over the next couple of days I'll be showing you 2 of them.  Today I'm playing with the Stitched Flower set.

First up, a card in happy yellows.

supplies: white, 2 yellows, and green card, yellow dotty dp from Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Rainbow pad, Stitched Flower dies, 2 yellows and brown embroidery floss, Doodlebug tiny heart sprinkles, (retired) Hero Arts/Studio Calico sentiment

I used the multi-leaf sprig die that is included in this set, and stitched my flowers on colored cardstock, matching my floss as best I could to the 2 shades of yellow

Now here's a cool version., this time stitching on white cardstock.


supplies: white and Surf Blue card, Stitched Flower dies, embroidery floss, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die, a retired MFT sentiment

I used 3 strands of floss for my stitching.  I love the lacey effect that the flower edges have!

This would make a terrific beginner's set for anyone who hasn't done stitching before......each of the elements is small, and you can do as many as you'd like, then build them together for a bouquet.  There are incised guidelines in the dies to help guide your stitching.

And for those of us who have done stitching in the past, here's a nice use for all that floss we still have!

Many thanks to Spellbinders for sharing these dies with me; they were just what I needed to spend a relaxing afternoon. 

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are lovely, Lin! I like those sweet buttery yellow blooms!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Lin - love how you have stitched the tone on tone in the yellow flowers, and the fabulous leaves on the second card. Amazing work.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Lin. Love the stitching on both the cards. Looks awesome

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love the stitched flowers and leaves, Lin - perfect atop the hemstitch on card two and with all the bitty hearts on card one!!

JoAnn said...

These are so pretty. Love the soft yellow one. The multi-colored one is pretty also. TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I am new to stitching on cards and struggle with color choices! Would you be able to slept us know what flows and color names and numbers you use?

Lin said...

Thanks so much Anonymous; unfortunately I didn’t keep track of which colors of floss I used. I’d just advise choosing colors that please you.