Sunday, February 19, 2023

Antique Rose Cards

 In keeping with my thoughts from a recent blog post about using what I have, here's another card using an Altenew multi-step stamping set, Antique Roses.  This set is dated 2019, and thankfully, it's still available - what beautiful details it has!  Lately, many of my cards are die-based; it was nice to return to my roots and do some stamping for these cards.


supplies: white and pale green cardstock, Altenew Antique Roses stamp set, Golden Sunset, Tea Party, and Green Valley inks, Impression Obsession Painted Stripes cling, Firefly ink, Pink Fresh Studio Perfect Sentiments clear stamps and matching die, adhesive foam, enamel dots

I'm really getting into this "use your stash" stuff, and this time I remembered this fun painted stripes cling stamp from Impression Obsession.  It's a big 6" square, so you can have your stripes running horizontally or vertically.

I popped the coral rose above everything else and added some matching enamel dots for extra dimension.  This layering stamp set was fairly easy to line up, especially since I did about 8 of them in different colors - practice makes perfect!

Had so much fun that I made a 2nd card.  I thought these would go nicely with one of the beautiful embossing folders that have been appearing lately.   


supplies: white and gold foil cardstock, Altenew Antique Roses stamps, Golden Sunset, Tea Party, and Green Meadows inks, Spellbinders Floral Archway 3D embossing folder, Pink Fresh Studio Perfect Sentiments foiling plate, matte gold glimmer foil, matching die

Thanks for your visit today!

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lin - love the layered stamping, and your colours are beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Lin! The deep embossed background on the second is fantastic! You should link these up over at Just Us Girls, we have roses on our mood board!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Lin. I've got that stamp and have hardly used it. Time to pull it now I've been inspired by your beautiful rose cards.