Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Simon Says.....Emboss It!


Welcome to the new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!


Our theme this week is "Emboss It!" and the team is featuring Simon Says Stamp exclusive products.  I fell in love with this 3D embossing folder/die combination called Friendly Birds.  Although this came out last winter, I chose to "springify" it as best I could, imagining the berries as flower buds on our crabapple tree.  We look forward each year to the return of a pair of bluebirds, so I colored my birds to mimic them.


supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Simon Friendly Birds embossing folder and cutting die set, alcohol markers to color, sentiment from Simon Beautiful Butterflies, a Nested Circles die, adhesive foam

I embossed my background, and, after using the bird dies to cut out the 2 birds from scrap, embossed them also, then colored everything and popped the birds into place.  Not wanting to cover up a single thing, I chose a circle of vellum to carry my sentiment.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie pair, Lin, and I love how you colored the embossed background too!!

Lisa Elton said...

I can't stop looking at this perfectly delightful card! The birds are darling and I love the berries/crabapple buds you've tucked them into!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous 'springy' card Lin - and so beautifully made!
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

My favourite designer’s card for this week. It is so beautiful 😍

Ruth G said...

Beautiful!!! I love all of the wonderful color you've added and your notes about how you came to design your card in this way are so inspiring!!!!