Friday, February 3, 2023

Spellbinders February Club Kits

 Here are my cards using some of this month's Spellbinder's Club Kits.  We have changed things up a bit beginning this month, and new subscribers will be able to order beginning the 6th of each month through the 27th.

First, my Glimmer of the Month card.  The Kit is called Tulip Border, and I used Magenta glimmer foil.

supplies: 2 shades of pink cardstock, Tulip Border Glimmer Kit, Magenta glimmer foil, markers

I foiled on the slightly darker pink cardstock, colored in the details with markers, and used the included die to trim the panel along the top of the tulips.  On the paler pink I foiled one of the 2 sentiments, then added that to a card base and affixed the tulip panel onto that.

Next is the Stitching Kit of the Month: Pocketful of Spring. There's also a set of add-on dies called Pocketful of Spring Sentiments add-on dies.


supplies: Soft Navy, 2 greens, white, cream, yellow, pink, blue, and red cardstock, Pocketful of Spring and Pocketful of Spring Sentiments dies, 3 strands of each floss color, yellow enamel dots

This fun set consists of 22 dies, some of which have incised guides for stitching.  I had classic Levi jeans in mind when I stitched the pocket in gold floss and added my sentiment from red to mimic the tag on their jeans.  There are 2 sentiments, Happy Birthday and Happy Spring in the stitching kit.  There is also an add-on set of sentiment dies that gives you 4 more options; that's where this one came from.

Here is my card featuring the Small Dies of the Month: Floral Mini Tiles.


supplies: gold foil cardstock, navy, medium blue, and red cardstock, Floral Mini Tile dies

This set contains 4 different shapes that can be cut, decorated with florals, and repeated.  I used this onion shape; the others are a hexagon, a diamond, and a teardrop.  I pieced 5 of these, arranged them as you see, and for now anyway, skipped a sentiment, because everything is so nicely balanced.

You can see some of the same florals in the Large dies of the Month: Spring Reflections.  This is a set of 21 dies, and has several variations you can change up: the framing, (there's also a trellis design) and the floral image in the center.  And there are 3 options for sentiments.


supplies: white, lavender, purple, 2 pinks, yellow, and green cardstock, Spellbinders Spring Reflections dies, tiny white pearls

And lastly, here are the Embossing Folders of the Month: Hydrangea Blooms and Spring Burst.  Both are pretty special, imo!

Using the Hydrangea Blooms, I made a mini slimline card and colored the details with markers, adding a sentiment to finish. This is the "regular" embossing folder.


supplies: white and periwinkle cardstock, Hydrangea Blooms embossing folder, markers in blue, purple, and green, Wonderful Script Sentiments

I cut the shadows of the sentiments 3 times to make them stand out from the busy background.

And here is the 3D embossing folder, Spring Burst!  I took that title to heart for my design.


supplies: black, pink, and a pale yellow cardstock, Spring Burst 3D embossing folder, white pigment ink, Stitched Glimmer Butterflies dies, sentiment from Sentimental Greetings, yellow enamel dots

I embossed my pink panel, rubbed it gently with white pigment ink, then added a big butterfly and a fussy-cut stamped sentiment.

You can look HERE for information on Spellbinders Clubs.  Each is available only from the 6th until the 27th of each month.  If you click on my links under each of my cards, you can see the details of each kit.  There are many ways to combine these products, and you can cancel a subscription at any time without penalty.

Hope I've inspired you!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, Lin each one is as fabulous as the next! Love those sweet blue hydrangeas!

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning selection of cards Lin - I think they are all amazing
Blessings
Maxine