Thursday, June 22, 2023

Daisy Days - 2 Birthday cards

 Here's another hardly used set of stencils with matching stamps, dies, and even background papers that I have neglected.  I made this first one for a birthday in May, and enjoyed the processs so much I made another in a different colorway.


supplies: slate cardstock (for sentiment), The Greetery Daisy Days Fill-in-the-Blank paper in grey, Daisy Days stamp/stencil set, The Greetery Daisy Days die set, Pink Fresh Studio Rise & Shine and Altenew Green Valley inks, small blending brushes, Hero Arts Sending Love Mail sentiment

I made the 2nd card for a birthday, too, using another of the Fill-in-the Blank papers.


supplies: white and bright pink cardstock, same supplies as above (Fill-in-the-Blank pale blue paper), Simon Trio 15 Greens and Carnation and  Altenew Pocketful of Sunshine and Silverstone inks, blending brushes, Simon Birthday Circle die, adhesive foam to pop up daisies, scallop rectangle die from (retired) MFT Blueprints 20 die set

I decided I wanted the biggest flowers to be actual daisies in white, and to mix up the other elements with different colors.  After doing the "berries" in Carnation, I decided to use that color again for my sentiment.  And this time I die-cut the panel with a small scallop edge so that some white from the card base shows, to reinforce the white daisies.  I think this has a fun fresh feel with these colors, almost tropical!  

I'd like to enter this last card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Vacation, since the tropical vibe it gives off makes me think of summer. 

As always, thanks so much for visiting - hope I've inspired you in some way.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm playing catch up after our vacation and I've missed a whole lot of pretty! Each card is as wonderful as the next, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

such a beautiful pair of cards Lin - love the crisp clean colours on the second card.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun pair of daisy cards, Lin! Especially love card two with the bday circle sentiment and scalloped mat!

JoAnn said...

Two lovely birthday cards. Love the daisies and the layout of each one.