Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Old and New

 Since I have a little more time now, I've been revisiting some of my old cards for inspiration.  Today's card is a result of that, using some elements from THIS (first) card, mixed with a new embossing folder just released at Spellbinders.


supplies: white cardstock, various Petite Prints design papers from Doodlebug, Wplus9 Doodle Buds clear stamps, Pink Fresh Studio Perfect Sentiments stamp and matching die, Spellbinders new Splish Splash embossing folder, teensy enamel dots for flower centers

I chose 3 bright colors from the Doodlebug spectrum, a bright royal blue, bright orange, and hot pink, and stamped the flowers from teeny florals, the centers from gingham, and used a yellow dot for the very center of each flower, then paper-pieced them, adding a weensy enamel dot.  For the leaves I used all kinds of patterns: stripes, gingham, dots, graph, woodgrain, etc.  To me, this is quilting all over again, but in a fraction of the time!

Usually when I use more than 1 flower, I cluster them in a group, but this time I marched them down my card in a line, then just added a simple sentiment.  I think this embossing folder is going to be a favorite!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great result Lin - I can see how you were inspired by your original card. That embossing folder is a wonderful one.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What a delightful card. That embossing folder is awesome. And those cute flowers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun update, Lin - love your trio of flowers atop the embossed bg! Just rec'd my Spellbinders box with that ef - thanks for the inspiration!!