Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday

I've been enjoying finding a woodblock stamp to play with each month for Amy's Woodblock Wednesday challenge!  This month I have a Penny Black stamp called Scented Message, dated 2012, with a bonus sentiment from Paper Inspirations (no date shown). 


supplies: parchment cardstock, faded jeans distress cardstock and another in a slightly lighter blue, Penny Black Scented Message, Paper Inspirations Forget Me Not, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die, blue, green, and yellow markers

Everything I used to make this card is old - I used 12" cardstock for the blues, and a mottled creamy cardstock that I term "parchment" that I get at a local paper store, plus the 2 woodblock stamps.

Here's a picture of the stamps.


I hope you'll dig out your woodblocks, old or new, and play along too - you can find all the info here.  

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lin, this is BEAUTIFUL. Love the stamps you picked this month!
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card mixing old and newer, Lin!! Love your sweet bouquet with the PFS rectangle! I keep meaning to play along at Woodblock Wednesday - lord knows I have odds of woodblock stamps...

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Lin - wonderful work with your stamps! Love the blue, and although not from the same firm, the stamps combine beautifully!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. What an awesome stamp. I'm enjoying pulling out my wooden stamps.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Stunning!! I love your blue flower and the simple design of the card.