Friday, June 16, 2023

Lacey Stitched Butterfly

 Now that I have a bit more time, I've been enjoying pulling out my existing supplies and enjoying them again!  Today I have a butterfly card.


supplies: white and pink cardstock, Memory Box (retired) Cottage Meadow design paper, Spellbinders Stitched Glimmer Butterfly dies, pink variegated embroidery floss, 6 strands,  Wonderful Script Sentiments dies, Mini Blooms & Sprigs dies, stamped sentiment from Winnie & Walter (retired), enamel dots

I wanted to use some of my Mom's variegated floss again, and chose pink this time.  After constructing my butterfly, I went looking through my old printed papers for a background for it - don't you think this Cottage Meadows paper is perfect?  So pleased to use up something "old"!  I also really liked Yana's lovely font that she used for her "beautiful" die - it reinforces the femininity of this design!  As I did once before, I added some teensy flowers to the butterfly - these ones mimic the paper well!  

Hope you're having a great day - thanks much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Such a feminine card Lin. It is stunning.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous butterfly and how fun you found the perfect paper, Lin!!