Sunday, June 4, 2023

Daisy Layers - Spring, Summer, and Fall

 I fell in love with these Honey Bee Stamps Daisy Layers, and finally got them home to play with!

First I used the stamps and the matching stencils together.


supplies: white cardstock, Honey Bee Daisy Layers stamp set and matching layering stencils, Pink Fresh Studio Fairy Dust pinks and Rise and Shine yellow mini ink cubes, mowed lawn distress ink, sentiment from Tammy Tutterow/Spellbinders (retired) Happy Grams cling stamp and die, Lawn Fawn Fancy Scallop Rectangle die, adhesive foam squares

I like the combination of this pretty spring bouquet with the lacey edging!  

Next I switched to fall colors and used alcohol markers to color the stamped images.  There is a 2nd bouquet of fewer daisies, no greenery, that duplicates the larger image.  That can be cut out and lifted above the main image for dimension, so I did just that, lifting the layers with foam, then adding a simple birthday sentiment.  And I used a different edging die this time, too.


supplies: white and pumpkin cardstock, Honey Bee Stamps Daisy Layers stamp set, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die, sentiment from a retired Simon set called Birthday Flowers, adhesive foam squares

It's nice to have the stencils when you want a quickly colored design, but I also enjoyed the freedom of coloring the flowers and greenery with markers to get more colors into the design.

And one more time, really simple this time, making the daisies white for a summer card.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, vellum, Daisy Layers flowers and sentiment, alcohol markers in various greens and a pale grey, yellow enamel dots, Simon (retired) Detail Ringlets cover plate

I used both floral stamps once again for this card, fussy-cutting them both so that I could add the bouquet to the pierced quilt pattern on a blue panel for my background.  The sentiment is one of many from the stamp set - I liked the mixed font.

No matter how you treat this, this is a gorgeous design!  Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I can't pick a favorite version, Lin, they're all so pretty!

Dawn T said...

Three beautiful cards Lin. It's awesome that you can used the same set to make three different cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

A trio of beauty Lin - stunning use of the stamp, stencil and die set
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three completely different looks, Lin - I think my fave is #3 with the Audrey blue background!