Thursday, April 4, 2024

Yana's Floral Celebration - 4 ways!

 I really liked Yana's latest release, in particular her Floral Celebration bundle, a Press Plate and a set of stencils to color it.

I don't yet own a BetterPress system, so I thought I'd get this plate and use it with glimmer hot foils just to try it, and I was thrilled with the results!  Here are 3 samples using it with its matching stencils, each with a different color of glimmer foil.



After foiling and coloring the panel, I sliced it about 2/3 of the way down, then lined the bottom and top of the resulting panels in a metallic champagne strip and adhered them to my card base to frame the sentiment die, cut from the same champagne metallic.

Next I foiled my panel using Cobalt Blue glimmer foil and colored it in cool colors, then just added a die-cut sentiment.


supplies: white cardstock, royal blue metallic cardstock, vellum, Floral Celebration bundle, Cobalt Blue glimmer foil, inks in blue, purple, and teals, Simon Happy Wishes dies

And finally, some soft pastel colors with Black glimmer foil, which is matte, and adding some interest with flower dies.


white, black, melon, Cotton Candy, Banana, and 2 green cardstocks, Floral Celebration bundle, Black glimmer foil, Four Scoops mini ink cubes, Club Blooms dies, (retired) sentiment from Simon's Happy Every Day 

After foiling and coloring this panel, I sliced it into 4 pieces and placed them onto a banana backing, then added some flowers and leaves to reflect the ink colors I used, and my sentiment.  This one may be my favorite.

I used Hammermill premium color copy cover white for all my starting points, and each of these foils came out perfectly, no overfoiling, no underfoiling!  I take that as my okay to try more of these beautifully detailed press plates!

Edited to add a 4th version; now I have a BetterPress system and wanted to use these supplies in the way they were intended, so here's 1 more card done that way, using the Betterpress ink on Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper, then stencilled as above.


supplies: white and pink cardstock, vellum, Floral Celebration bundle, Betterpress black ink, PinkFresh Studio Fairy Dust and Rise and Shine, Altenew Lavender Fields, Firefly, Lime, and Fresh Leaf mini ink cubes, blending brushes, Simon Sending Smiles dies

I'll be honest and say that using the Betterpress System with this particular plate makes very little difference in the results.  You can feel the impression if you run your hand over the surface, but you can't really see any difference.  

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

These are all delightful, Lin! They look like spring!