Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Blackout Embossing Technique

 I have been wanting to try the Blackout Embossing technique where you emboss a design with your folder, turn it around so that the design is debossed, color in the details, then swipe a black ink pad over the whole thing.  It's a scary scenario, but the results I've seen have been pretty amazing.

I chose a 3D folder called Floral Harmony.  Here are my results.


supplies: white cardstock, Simon Says Stamp Floral Harmony 3D embossing folder, alcohol markers, VersaFine Onyx Black ink, Spellbinders Heartfelt Scallops die, and Curved Everyday Sentiments glimmer plate and die, black glimmer foil

It's a WOW moment when you swipe your colored image with a black ink pad!  I didn't get perfect coverage in some places - perhaps my ink is getting dry?  But it's certainly a wonderful tool for us to have to get more mileage out of our embossing folders!

If you're interested HERE is my use of this folder in the normal way.

If you've tried this, I'd love any hints you may have.  What black ink do you use?  

Thanks for your visit!