Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hooked on Hexagons

I'm so glad that Cath decided to give us a hexagon challenge at Moxie Fab World.  It forced me to get out my new Die-Namics hexagon dies and actually use them.  For whatever reason this trend had me a bit intimidated.  But once I chose my papers and actually cut out a few hexagons, I had fun!  Here's my card:


supplies: white cardstock, BoBunny Little Miss and Gabrielle paper pads, plus some other scraps, The Crafts Meow Simply Delightful sentiment, VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Hero Arts heart pearl

I originally had another hexagon in the place where the butterfly ended up, but when I started placing everything, that Gabrielle background paper had a little white butterfly right there, so I followed suit - happy coincidence!  

15 comments:

Jackie said...

I am glad you got over your intimidation, this card is lovely. I have been resisting the hexagon trend and don't have the dies, but I do have the shape on my Silhouette. It might be time to crank it up again.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the hexagons and the colours and papers are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Barb said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous, Lin! The papers and colors work so well together - beautifully done!

donna mikasa said...

Soooo pretty, Lin! Love the colors, design and that butterfly is in the perfect spot!

stampingandstitching said...

Lin, this is such a gorgeous, gorgeous card! Wonderful mix of pps for the hexagons and they go so beautifully with the pretty background pp! The butterfly has alighted on the perfect spot:)

LauraJane:) said...

Oh Lin, I love the surprise of the butterfly, Great colors too!
I can see your quilting gene:)

Jacqueline said...

So attracted to the colors on this card Lin and I love the quilt effect it has!

Judy1223 said...

I find it surprising that "Quilter Lin" would find the hexagons challenging...this type of card is right up your alley! Your card certainly proves that...it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (Then again, I think you could make ANY kind of card well.) I would love to see more hexagon cards...I'm thinking pink, gingham, hexagons...all my favorite Lin card cmponents!!!

Maureen Morton said...

This is wonderful, Lin! You should think of this as a quilt......so perfect. I refuse to jump on the hexagon wagon.....just another trend that I don't need in the short term, but you have it mastered. Love this.

Dawn T said...

very pretty Lin. Such a beautiful card.

Robin K. said...

I agree with Judy!! I think this design element is right up your alley! Love what you did here and would love to see more!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WONDERFUL HEXAGONS!!!!! Great color palette and a perfect card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card with the Hexagons! Love the combo of papers and colors.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty Lin....

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)