Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rose Thank You

Here's another card for the Stamp It! Cards challenge at Moxie Fab World, this time in the Thank You challenge:


supplies: pink and cream cardstock, Hero Arts H5577 Classic Tea Flower, AC010 Le Journal, soft blossom shadow ink, VersaFine onyx black ink, D1002 Scallop Frame, Memento New Sprout and Angel Pink dual markers, Offray emongrass satin ribbon, white twine, EK Success Scallop punch, Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares

I thought that the little rose in the label looked like the Classic Tea Flower so I decided to use them together.  I stamped the bigger rose tone-on-tone for my background, then stamped, colored, and die-cut the label and popped it above the background, adding a scalloped edge and a pretty ribbon to pull out the green.

14 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh i so love the stamped background and the scalloped edge...very cute...

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, Lin! I feel like I say the same things all the time when I visit here, but I always love what you do!

Dotty Jo said...

This is so lovely Lin - you always make such beautiful cards, Jo x

Barb said...

You know I love this color combo - so beautiful, Lin! Perfect pairing of stamps too! :)

MarcyK924 said...

BRILLIANT! I adore those colors and love how you used the two stamps! That's the best way to STREEEETCH those stamps!! XO

Jacqueline said...

Lin, an absolute beauty!

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Ooh that is so pretty! I love pink and flowers - especially roses. I have just done a layout using very similar colours if you would like to hop over to have a look I would love to know what you think. great work. Jenx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you stamped the tone on tone background and your thank you label with the tea rose is YUMMY! A real Beauty!

joy said...

Love the use of stamps here, Lin! Such a soft and pretty background for the scalloped image. Good luck in the challenges!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love how those two flowers go together so well - your background is beautiful and I love the ribbon behind your label!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful bg with the scallop as the focal point, Lin!

Robin K. said...

Love how you created the subtle bg with the random stamping of the flower image! The ribbon treatment finishes this off beautifully!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

craftytreen said...

I was just going over my favorite cards on flickr today. I saw this card again. I just love it. its so well done and so stunning. I enjoy your cards so much. love, treen