Monday, July 23, 2012

CASE-ing Lisa

This card of Lisa Spangler's is the one that put me on the Washi Tape bandwagon.  It was the first time I'd seen "pretty" tapes, so I went on the hunt for some.....didn't have to look too far, as good old Martha had done most of the choosing for me (red plaid, wide floral, and skinny green dots).  I added the blue gingham one by Bella Blvd, and the bigger green dots came from Target.  Here's my card for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero:


supplies: white and aqua cardstock, tapes from Martha Stewart, Bella Blvd, and Target, Hero Arts CL569 Truly Grateful, Sizzix little flowers embossing folder, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (LOVE this thing)

I really liked that Lisa also embossed her panel with a small pattern, so I followed suit there also.  

17 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...love those fun washi tapes and the embossed background...

Jackie said...

That is beautiful. The Washi tape craze is everywhere, and it makes it so easy to add some color.

Maureen Morton said...

Yep, Lisa did it for me, too! She is so great and such an inspiration. And, you found tape that is so YOU, Lin! Love how you used it - so lovely!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Who knew tape could be so colorful?! Such a pretty design Lin!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty Lin, love this and the colors are so cheerful! Have a splendid day ;)

Teresa said...

These cards are both beautiful Lin, simply beautiful, I've never used washi tape but it looks great and it's good that it can be embossed. Hugs Teresa xx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the washi tape Lin and the embossing! Also LOVE the label with the sentiment, too! FAB card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you CASE'd Lisa, Lin! Beautiful combo of washi tapes, especially love the blue one!!

Dawn T said...

delightful Lin. A great take on Lisa's card

Cindy C. said...

So very pretty, reat take on Lisa's card!

Yvette said...

Hi Lin,
I've been away from blogland for a while. Now I'm catching up. I've seen such beautiful creations on your blog. This card is also beautiful. A great take on Lisa's card.

Helen L said...

really pretty card!!

Judy1223 said...

Just gorgeous...you have inspired me to finally BUY that embossing folder, and it arrived today! I may have to CASE your card, it is SO gorgeous!

Tina said...

So beautiful, Lin. Love your take with beautiful patterns and sweet flower embossing. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Joy said...

I have so wanted to try that technique, Lisa's card is gorgeous but HELLO look at yours STUNNING!!! hugs!

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I really love your take on this. I like the coloured card background and I also like your stamp. I have most of these supplies - I am going to case the case! I don't have washi tape, but I do have a bunch of tiny strips of patterned paper I couldn't bear to part with. This seems like a great way to use those! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!