Monday, July 16, 2012

Inspired by Shari Carroll

At A Blog Named Hero, our challenge is to be inspired by the Hero Arts Artists.


I chose Shari Carroll, and specifically her Stamp Layering technique, which she taught us in March of 2011.  Here is my card using her method:


supplies: white textured cardstock, CL428 Earth Flowers, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, S5507 Envelope Pattern, broken china distress ink, CG172 Garden Bouquet, distress markers spritzed with water, CL156 Treasure the Moments, 657773 Antique Flowers & Butterflies stamp and die, VersaFine onyx black ink

I challenged myself to use her technique and mask the borders as well.  Here's how I did it:  I first masked my card around a rectangular piece of acrylic that I used as a shadow stamp.  Then I stamped and embossed the white "bush".  Next I inked my acrylic block with tumbled glass and broken china distress inks, spritzed it well with water, and "stamped" that in my open area over the embossed bush.   After that was dried, I overstamped the envelope pattern using broken china distress ink.  Then I inked my Garden Bouquet stamp using distress markers, spritzed that with water, and overstamped and let that dry.  Next I pulled off the masking, overstamped my sentiment, and stamped and die-cut the butterfly and popped it above the card.   So if you count the acrylic block stamping as a layer, there are 5 layers of stamping on this card.

23 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Lin, I LOVE this technique, and I adore your card! So many wonderful layers...and the masking of the edges makes a perfect white space border. I really love this, Lin!

ThePurplePlace said...

What a stunning card! It looks like a watercolor artist set up her easel and went to work! Beautiful!!

Thansk for sharing!! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Thanks for reminding me of this technique, Lin. I think I abandoned it because my results were muddy, but yours are splendid and fresh. You have more talent in one little finger.....thanks for sharing. And, thanks to Shari, too.

Trinh said...

I love Shari's technique and you have done it to perfection here. Gorgeous!

Robin K. said...

This is like a mini work of art! Love this technique and you've executed it masterfully!

Barb said...

That's a favorite technique of mine too, Lin. Love how you've used it here - so beautiful! :)

Jackie said...

That is absolutely beautiful! It is a one of a kind work of art. Stunning!

Stephanie said...

This is gorgeous! Awesome technique, beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at ABNH! :)

Tina said...

Lin, I love your beautiful card. I never tried this techique...maybe it is time for it now. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Lisa Carroll said...

Lin, this is gorgeous! I could tell right away that you were inspired by Shari Carroll... just fabulous! :)

Caroline said...

WOW I love this the colours are beautiful. I love the stamp. Caroline xxx

Alice said...

wow! this is absolutely gorgeous, Lin! so much work went into it, too. love love it!

Dawn T said...

wonderful.... 5 layers of stamping and only one raised element. Gorgeous

Therese Franziska said...

your creation is soooo beautiful.love your example of that technique!!!greetings from germany,
franziska

Jacqueline said...

This is a beautiful card Lin, so love this style when you use it!!

Maureen Chandler said...

This is beautiful! I love this method of layering stamping and you did a super job of it! Thanks so much!!!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful work Lin!

shirley-bee said...

Wonderful work of art, Lin!

margaretart said...

Lin--so FABULOUS!! Such patience to let it all dry between steps!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Your card is just perfect!

lostinpaper said...

This card is amazing!!

Lucy Newton said...

Lin your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Kristen said...

beautifully done, love that soft watercolor look!

Visiting from ABNH Challenge
xo, Kristina
Come by and visit sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com