Friday, July 20, 2012

Paper flowers

Making the card yesterday reminded me that one of the monthly challenges at the Hero Arts Blog is to make paper flowers.  I decided to use my newest Hero Arts flower and some Amuse papers that sweet Barb gave to me for my birthday, along with some pretty buttons.  I like that this is a way to "preserve" those pretty papers and buttons even after they've all been used up!


supplies: Amuse ginghams and dots, Hero Arts CL527 Stitched Frame, dotted buttons from The Ribbon Girl and others from my stash, wire


Here's a video and tutorial by Shari Carroll showing the same technique that I used to make my bouquet.

I put them in a little glass jar filled with sand, and the wire is on the flimsy side, so when the breeze hits them from my open window, they bob and move just like the real things!  

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

These are beautiful and fresh looking Lin!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous love the colours. Caroline xx

Barb said...

I ADORE your flowers, Lin! For some reason, those papers always look so much brighter and happier when YOU use them! I love the idea of "preserving" them this way - so pretty! Hugs! :)

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a lovely bouquet!

Sue McRae said...

What a happy bunch of flowers!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love that beautiful bouquet of flowers. Isn't it nice that are the everlasting kind! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

OH my I'm SWOONING over this sweet creation Lin! LOVE the polka dot buttons and those whimsical flowers!

Robin K. said...

This is the sweetest bouquet ever!! Love the idea of "preserving" those pretty papers:)

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this so Pretty and Cheery!!
Hugs to you sweet Friend!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SOOOOO pretty and happy! Love these fun flowers (especially the gingham ones!) :-) Happy weekend Lin!

Dawn T said...

what beautiful flowers Lin. The colours are wonderful and I can imagine that they look beautiful in the little jar.

Cathy A said...

Oh Lin these are lovely they would brighten any home!

Godelieve said...

So pretty!