Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cards for Maddy and Melanie


I'm hoping to spread the word to help get some cards sent to Maddy and her family.  Simon Says Stamp had an article about this family from Columbus, Ohio HERE.  Maddy is 13 and has been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and will be undergoing chemo to get ready for a  stem cell transplant from her 15 year old sister Melanie.  I think it's a wonderful thing for all of us to be temporary Chemo Angels and send the girls and their parents a flood of encouraging, uplifting cards.  Here is the address if you'd like to contribute:

Simon Says Stamp
Attn: Cards for M & M
44 Lazelle Road
Columbus, OH  43235

Cards are being collected beginning now through Friday, August 3, 2012.  Please help if you can!

7 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Love what you do with this cute stamp, Lin.....and, also what you do with YOUR heart! I will join in and send some cards.

Robin K. said...

This is such a heartwarming design! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Brenda said...

That's a beautiful thing to do for someone you don't know! I love your very sweet and heartwarming card Lin! I saw this on SSS and will try to get a few cards made and in the post before the deadline. Hugs, B

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling heart banners here, Lin! And thanks for the link which I spotted first over on Flickr. I'm working on my cards after I'm done surfing all my friends' blogs :)

Theresa's Studio said...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Love your thoughtful card. Will get cards in the mail.

Judy1223 said...

Sweet card, Lin! I already made mine and have them ready for mailing...thanks for sharing the information!

cheiron said...

Wonderful card Lin. I just love this design!