Thursday, March 17, 2016

From Places Abroad: France

When I saw the photo inspiration for this month's Altenew challenge, I just had to give it a try.  Pinks and greens are some of my favorite go-to colors.


supplies: white and Green Apple cardstock, Altenew Painted Flowers and sentiment from Beautiful Day, 2 pinks and 2 green inks, Lil' Inker Circles & Diamonds Stitched Pattern die, black enamel dots

I was trying to think of a way to replicate the beautiful knot garden in the photo, and hit upon using this background die.

PhotoInspiration_March

As always, thanks for coming by!


12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous card...love the solid background.

Betty said...

gorgeous! those flowers and that background are perfect are perfectfor this challenge - looks like a winner to me. i keep a bunch of those flowers stamped all the time for make a quick card - love that set!

Becca Cruger said...

I can see why it's one of your favorite color schemes when you pump out beauties like this! It's so fresh and springy! J'adore!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card from that garden inspiration.

kiwimeskreations said...

Great take on the inspiration - that is a fabulous background die.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty quilted background, Lin - love the flowers too!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your pink and green card is a breath of fresh spring air, just lovely!

jintyoo7 said...

Not sure if my comment posted or got deleted - sorry if I'm reposting myself - LOL

C'est très jolie :-)

Ирина Поликарпова said...

So pretty, I like it!

lostinpaper said...

I agree, pinks and greens are so much fun to create with, love love your beautiful card Lin, the background you chose is a perfect maze!

Mary Decker said...

You are a gifted artist and it shows in every one of your cards!

ElizStewart said...

Love this embossing folder...perfect for the challenge!