Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Simon Says.......Anything Goes!

wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome - I'm here with my card for today's new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog!


As is usual, the last challenge of the month is always Anything Goes!  The Design Team are using Ranger products this week, and if you have any you can share with us, we'd love to see them being used, but it's not necessary to play.

Since we've just officially begun Spring, I decided to make something colorful, and use as many of the 2015 Distress ink colors as I could.


supplies: white and black cardstock, candied apple, abandoned coral, carved pumpkin, fossilized amber, lucky clover, twisted citron, blueprint sketch, wilted violet, and ground espresso distress inks, (found in Distress Ink Mini Kits 13, 14, and 15), Simon's Friendly Flowers and Summer Garden (sentiment) stamp sets, Painted Hello die, a dotty embossing folder

I chose 9 of the 12 colors and used the same flower stamp to stamp them in rainbow order going from top to bottom, and after trimming the panel, I embossed it to give it some texture.  Then I used the tiny dot strip in the same set and the same inks to stamp the dotty strip, putting the colors in reverse order.  These stamped panels and some thin black strips were affixed to my white card base, and then I added my diecut and stamped sentiments.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  We have another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


Simon Says Stamp

Don't forget, you can enter our challenge using your Instagram account, too!   Just add #ssswchallenge to your entry uploads.   And don't forget to follow us HERE.

13 comments:

Lorraine A said...

I love your card Lin! the colours and stamping are fabulous, so pretty! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card as usual Lin! I like your new blog header photo!! Lovely shade of blue!

Barb said...

The texture, the design, the colors! Love every inch of this card, Lin! ♥

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really fun card, I love the embossing over the stamping. I really like the distress colors of 2015, and I was thinking that they would be a great rainbow of colors, even if you didn't have any others, and I think you proved that is true! TFS!

adele holcomb said...

Oh my, this one is a stunner! Love all the pretty, happy colors you used!

Stephanie said...

Stunning card, Lin! Loving the rainbow palette! :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the colorful flowers with embossed dots, Lin!!

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Lin. the embossing looks great over the beautifully colourful flowers

Susi said...

What a burst of colour to see first thing in the a.m. (my time) - especially as it's dull & rainy here. Reminds me that the real things (flowers in gardens everywhere) will soon be peeking out of the ground. A lovely card yet again, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

Lin this is such a pretty card. I love the colors you used in your main panel, so surprising they are distress inks. I also love the dots along the side.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous card!

Andrea Shell said...

Beautiful! I love those flowers.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE your bold use of color and texture in this card. Blessings!