Thursday, March 31, 2016

Washi Hugs

I don't consider myself a CAS cardmaker in the pure sense, but when I saw the current challenge at CASology was "washi", I thought I'd give it a try.


supplies: white cardstock, various washi tapes, DieNamics Decorative Doily die, Simon's Painted Hugs die, some floral embellishments from my scrap basket, a sequin

I found that wide floral washi at a local craft store; I think it's made by Heidi Swapp.  I paired it with 2 others, pulling out similar colors, and then added the half-doily and flowers for pretty.

The more I looked at that floral washi, the more I wanted to play with it again, so here's another variation:


supplies: white cardstock, Heidi Swapp floral washi, Doodlebug Swiss Dot washis, Wplus9 sentiment from Blanket Stitched Blooms, die-cut line of hearts from Winnie & Walter's Audrey's Cutaways, paper flowers, pearls



These may not be CAS enough, but I had fun playing!  Thanks for your visit!

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are very pretty, the floral washi is special! The heart border is sweet too. TFS!

Betty said...

the floral washi is so pretty and i can see why you wanted to play with it - both cards are lovely - especially like the 2nd one!

Shelly said...

Two pretty and CAS cards!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards Lin. I am just a touch partial to the second. I am in awe of both...being so washi impaired myself.

Sally said...

Both cards are so pretty, Lin. Your use of washi tape is inspiring. Love the rows of hearts on the second card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your combo of washi tapes, Lin! So pretty with the flower embellishments!!

Lisa Elton said...

You should do CAS more often Lin, you do it well!! These are terrific!

Dawn T said...

Perfect CAS Lin. Beautiful washi. Both cards are so pretty

Andrea Shell said...

Gorgeous cards! I love that floral washi tape, too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, these CAS cards are amazing with the wash tape! I love the hug die and the beautiful flowers! And the sweet heart die is wonderful! Sweetness!

swldebbie said...

Both so pretty, Lin - I REALLY love that 2nd one with the tiny die cut hearts.

Judy1223 said...

Lin, both cards are wonderful! I adore that floral washi, and the two other patterns you paired with it are perfect together! I think your cards are perfectly CAS...lots of white space, simple design, one main sentiment, lots of BEAUTY!! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Claire said...

Such a pretty way to use washi -and the blooms embellish it perfectly!

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards Lin, love the washi tapes you used. They finish it off perfectly.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lin your two washi cards are both so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Hannelie said...

2 beautiful cards with an inspired use of washi!
Stunning!
So glad you joined us at CASology Lin!

Jen W. said...

That flower washi is gorgeous, Lin - so soft and pretty - and I love the sentiment on the half doily. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!