Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Simon Says.........Cute and Cuddly

wed-newchallenge-header

It's Wednesday and that means a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is Cute and Cuddly, and my teamies and I are working with Simon Says Stamp products!

Here's my first card, in remembrance of those 1-piece jammies that our boys wore when they were toddlers.   


supplies: white and bright blue cardstock, Simon's Bear Necessities stamps and dies, a scrap of fabric and tiny gold buttons, Spellbinder's Scalloped Rectangle die, sentiment banner from My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 dies, a paper from My Favorite Things Dots & Stripes Sorbet paper pad, Lil' Inker Stitched Stars die

I couldn't find a paper to make his jammies, so I dug out some of my old quilting scraps and searched for something small-scale.  Using a tip from my friend, Heather, I attached it to some cardstock with double-sided tape, then die cut it - no fraying!  I added some tiny buttons, and then attached it to the bear's body, which I stamped, colored, and die-cut first, so that his face was peeking out of his jammies.  

This next card uses most supplies from Simon's March Card Kit, and I added some felt for the cuddly factor:

supplies: Simon's white, surf blue, and green apple cardstock, Echo Park Spring design papers, My Kind of Peep stamps and dies, Painted Hugs die, colored with distress inks, Stitched Rectangles dies, Butter and Cherry Blossom felt

This one will go to our grandkids for Easter!

Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see what you do this week!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate for one random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

13 comments:

Tricia Coffin said...

I love both of these.

Virginia L. said...

Oh my...I love BOTH!! The PJ on the bear is absolutely adorable...and those cute FELT peeps? They stole my heart! Brilliant work, big sis!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, these are adorable! That patterned bear is so fun - full of wonderful texture! And those bunnies/peeps? I could not love that card more! ♥

Lorraine A said...

aww both of them are super cute! I love the bear in his onesie and the little felt bunnies are adorable :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cat Craig said...

Adorable Lin!

Heather said...

Both adorable cars Lin, lovely designs and a beautiful bear in his PG's and pretty back background paper for the fluffy punnies!!

hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Oh wow Lin these are both gorgeous! The little bear in his pj's is adorable & made me smile & I absolutely love your pretty pastel peeps card
hugs
Mandy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cuddly cards Lin
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly said...

Oh my! These are too cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling cards, Lin, but the bear in jammies is to die for!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both as cute as can be!!

D.Ann C said...

Oh I love his cute pjs with the buttons!

Stephanie said...

Both super fun designs, but I am a bit partial to that cute bear in his "jamz"!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!