Friday, March 11, 2016

Hello Spring

I can't seem to put this new Simon Friendship Blooms down.  Today I stamped the daffodils on  some old spring Doodlebug design papers, and did a tiny bit of paper-piecing.


supplies: white card base, Doodlebug design papers from some older spring pads, Simon Friendship Blooms flowers and leaves and Painted Hello die,  Hero Arts Spring Memories woodblock stamp from 2005

This little spring text stamp is one of my favorites.  It's long discontinued, but I still like to bring it out once a year.

Weekend again!  We're brighter here today after some good spring rains yesterday - I can see my daffodil stems starting up already!  Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

What a clever idea to paper piece those daffodils. They are darling!! Love them. TFS txjennywren.blogspot.com

Cat Craig said...

There is nothing like those spring bulb flowers, they all make me smile. Your card screams spring time.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What fun to paper piece the daffodils like this! I have just been stamping with another daffodil stamp, and I had not thought to try this, so I might give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration!

~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Virginia L. said...

Love this in paper-piecing! Gorgeous design all around, Lin!

Aileen said...

Beautiful way to do the flowers Lin, so eyecatching.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lin! Such sweet patterns, and a perfect palette for springtime!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh WOW do I love your patterned daffodils! Pretty card!

Dawn T said...

so sweet Lin. Using the PP for your daffodils was an inspiring touch.

Jacqueline said...

Once again, Lin - a gorgeous Spring card, love that definition stamp :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Lin, I love the paper-pieced daffodils! What a fun and fabulous card! Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

How beautiful! Great paper piecing (one of my favorite techniques!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pieced daffodils, Lin!!