Friday, April 8, 2016

A Happy (and bright!) Hello

Lawnscaping Challenges has a floral challenge going on this month, so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.


supplies: white cardstock, Lawn Fawn Flutter By stamp, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, abandoned coral, fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, and ripe persimmon distress inks, finger daubers, Stitched Scalloped Borders die, Simon's Painted Hello  and Stitched Rectangles die, large flower from my stash, My Mind's Eye Happy brad

The Flutter By set may be my first Lawn Fawn stamps, and they have certainly been used often.  It has a lovely assortment of flowers and leaves, sentiments, and even some butterflies! This time I chose one of the flowers and stamped it repeatedly to make a background, then colored it in using distress inks.  I used the same inks to color the sentiment, too.


Thanks for your visit today!

10 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Lin, love the colours used. So summer arent they.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your gorgeous floral background, Lin! And the scalloped sentiment with the large flower add the perfect touch!!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin! You must already know how much I love this card! The colors are gorgeous! Beautifully done, my friend! ♥

Kate said...

Fabulous card Lin :) I love your repeat stamping of the flower and the colours are just so warm and summery.
Kate xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous ink blending, Lin! Those colors are just amazing on your beautiful card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful warm and pretty card Lin - love your colours and the floral background design is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful colors Lin, fabulous background.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf

Christiana said...

Such a warm and pretty color combo. Great blending too. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Such a lovely resist card and wonderful colors too! Love your card Lin! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin