Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Watercolored Hollyhocks

It may be a bit early for hollyhocks, but maybe this will help chase the last of winter away!


supplies: Sea Glass card base, watercolor paper, Impression Obsession Hollyhocks die, Spectrum Aqua markers and water, Simon's (retired) Summer Garden sentiment, Winnie & Walter Audrey Cutaways

I recently got a birthday card from my sweet friend Mary Anne, and she featured a watercolored flower die on that card - so the seed was planted.  But it wasn't until I saw this card by Reni that I knew which die I wanted to play with.  So I cut out a bunch of these dies this weekend and had a fun afternoon watercoloring them!  This won't be the last you'll see of these......

Hope you're off to a good start for the week!  

10 comments:

Barbara said...

This is beautifully watercolored. I have that hollyhock die and love it!

Cat Craig said...

Lin, this is such a lovely design. I love the background and the colored blooms. Perfect!

Virginia L. said...

So soft and gorgeous! Your water-coloring is superb, Lin!

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh..this is so delicate and beautiful Lin. LOVE it!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohh this is fabulous Lin - love your hollyhocks on that gorgeous background.
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Just beautiful, Lin! I love the soft background!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautifully done, Lin, and it's never too early for any flowers! I love the watercoloring! Hugs!

Kartenwind said...

That's a beautiful card, Lin! The watercolored look is gorgeous! I didn't think of keeping the inner parts of the die-cut... But I'm quite happy that my card could inspire you :) Thank you for linking me.
Reni

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Lin, this is fabulous! What beautiful, beautiful watercolor!!!

Suzanne C said...

Your hollyhock cards are gorgeous! The splash of color behind them is fantastic!