Sunday, April 3, 2016

Black, White, and a Pop of Yellow

I'm excited about this month's challenge at Paper Smooches, because it reminds me of a favorite challenge from the past. (Play Date Cafe's Black and White with a Splash, one I loved to play!).  This challenge wants us to use black and white with a pop of a 3rd color.  Here's my entry.  Since this challenge lasts all month, it may not be my only one......


supplies: white and black cardstock, dotty black dp, Paper Smooches Adorable Array and Birthday Words dies, Paper Sweeties flower sequins

I've never used black much in my cards, but lately combining it with bright white and yellow has been appealing to me.  

Here's out inspiration:




Our spring has come to a screeching halt here in NE Ohio - we had snow last night which is still hanging on, because of the frigid temps that came with it!  Hope your spring is faring better!

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this black and white beauty with the splash of yellow, Lin! We had the frigid temps yesterday but the snow melted quickly because of the sun. Can't wait for Spring!!

Nancy said...

Such a great card for this challenge, Lin! So fun and cheerful! We had a few snow flurries here in NY this morning, but thank goodness it didn't amount too much!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh...SWOON...I love this Lin!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Lin - love the black inserts in the die cut, and the pops of yellow!!
We are well into Autumn here and the nights are starting to cool, although the days are still mild.
Blessings
Maxine

Paru Mahtani said...

Wow! Loe the inlaid die cutting and the pop of yellow!! You are inspiring me!
Do stop by and play Paru’s Card Making Challenges!!
http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/

Erum Tasneem said...

absolutely fantabulous!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin.. Very pretty.

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is fabulous, Lin. I love the yellow with the black and white.

Michelle said...

Stunning!

Kara said...

so cool!