Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Flowers

The challenge this time at The Card Concept is Spring Flowers, and the photo inspiration is a bucket of lilacs.  Here's my take on the challenge:


supplies: white, green, and shades of purple cardstock, Hero Arts Hibiscus Style ( a woodblock from 2005), Simon's Christmas Blessings die, Sizzix flowers embossing folder, Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac distress inks, Sizzix Branch with Leaves die, various purple sequins

I first smooshed 2 purple distress inks on a white card panel, then after it was dry, I embossed the little flowers.  Then I affixed that to my white card base and then added the other elements.  I have an awful time figuring out what style my cards are - maybe mixed media?

After I finished my card, I remembered this old Flourishes set and made another one, much simpler in design:


supplies: white and lavender cardstock, Flourishes Sweet Violets, Chameleon Cool Tones markers to color, tumbled glass distress ink and finger dauber, Spellbinders Floral Ovals  die, Simon's Small Love You die

This card makes me think of those hand-painted porcelain pins that were popular in an earlier time......I'd guess this would fall into the clean and layered style.


21 comments:

Betty said...

those little embossed flowers on your first card are the perfect accent for those gorgeous flowers. love it!

Karen B. said...

I love the purple!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, they're both gorgeous! I'm swooning over the first one! Such pretty colors against the textured background! ♥

adele holcomb said...

Oh, I miss lilacs! Love the watercolored, textured background of the first card.

Lisa Elton said...

A lovely pair of cards Lin! The violets on your second card have an old fashioned charm to them!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties in purples, Lin - especially love the partial wash over the embossing on #1 and the violets on #2!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Lin! Love all the pretty blossoms!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards, love the all the purple flowers.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what beautiful cards Lin - love the water colour background in the top one!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards. Love these fabulous flowers.

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin, and I especially love how you've embossed the background and did a watercolor wash - wow, what a great look! Hugs!

jintyoo7 said...

Whatever style they are - they're both beautiful (and fabulous sewing around the oval) :-)

Sybrina K said...

Lin, What pretty spring cards! Love your hibiscus and font on your first card and the design of the second. And, thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog.

Lilian said...

Two beautiful cards! Love them!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Michele K. Henderson said...

Lin, your blessings card is gorgeous! I love all these pretty details! Thank you so much for joining us over at The Card Concept this week!
Take care!
Michele

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, both cards are fabulous!! Love all of the purples with the gorgeous details and lovely sentiments! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

laurie said...

Both cards are awesome....I could never decide which one I like best. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! I love them!

Cat Craig said...

You are rocking these purples! Love the smooshing and embossing combo.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with a the Card Concept!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both beautiful card! Loving all those flowers!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.