Thursday, April 21, 2016

Simon Says Stamp New Release: My Favorite!

Simon has a new release, debuting today, called My Favorite!

My Favorite 600X200 Gallery

Here's a card I made using a new stamp set called Beautiful Ride.


supplies: white cardstock, Simon Beautiful Ride stamp set, mowed lawn, mustard seed, and mermaid lagoon distress inks, Simon Stitched Rectangle die, Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

When I first saw this stamp set, it brought back memories of my parents wintering in Florida.  Daddy always made sure he had a bicycle at whatever house they would rent, and he loved putting their little dachshund into the basket each day for a ride around the neighborhood.  It was a great ice-breaker with all the neighbors each year!

This fun stamp set has all kinds of "little things" to put into your bicycle basket, and I know you'll make it your own.  My bicycle was fussy-cut, but there's a matching die set, or, if you'd like, a set that includes both the stamps and dies.  I used the smooshing method to add some color to my background.

This is a small release, but there's something for everyone!  Head on over to the Simon Store to see everything!

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh so cute, love that watercolour background!

Virginia L. said...

This is so sweet, Lin! I love the watercolor background with this image! I still have your Dad's photo on the bike! Hugs!

Barb said...

Darling!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so cute Lin. A great job!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just adorable and what a sweet story about your dad!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet image and a great background paired with it resulted in a wonderful card Lin
Blessings
Maxine

jintyoo7 said...

Adorable card, and what a sweet memory :-)

Susi said...

Lovely watercoloured BG, Lin. As a dog lover (I have 2), your sentiment choice is spot on for this puppy in a bike basket card!

Cat Craig said...

How sweet is that!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the watercolor wash behind your fun bike with doggie, Lin! I'm sure your parents had fun with their dachshund!!