Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Spring Hello

 It's been a little bit since I've made a card.  Today I was determined to jump back in with both feet.  Here's my result.


supplies: white and peacock card, Simon Laurel Leaves Background cover plate, Layered Birdie die, Memory Box Pinpoint Leaf plate, sentiment from Newton's Nook Woodland Spring, tiny black pearl for bird's eye, cracked pistachio and mowed lawn distress inks, blender brush

I used distress inks to color a white panel before cutting out the laurel leaves, and alcohol markers to color the bird parts.

Right on schedule, winter is getting to me, so I decided to make my own spring until it arrives for real.  We have goldfinches here all year round, but in winter, they fade to a dull brownish gold.  One of the miracles of spring is when they change back to their brilliant coloring for the rest of the year.  I set my little bird amidst lots of leaves.

Simon is having a wonderful 20% off sale this weekend on any of their exclusive products: this bird and the cover die would qualify.  Use code 20YRS22.

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Lin. Love that sweet bird.

kiwimeskreations said...

I wondered if you were getting cabin fever when I saw your card - that is a lovely 'springy' card Lin. Fabulous colour combination
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little bird, this is cute!