Friday, February 25, 2022

Is It Spring Yet?

I've got major cabin fever here, so I pulled out some pretty daffodils and made myself some spring!  Hopefully we don't have too much longer to wait until we can feel some warmer breezes and see some pretty colors again!


supplies: white, green, and yellow card, Sunny Studio gingham patterned paper, Simon Daffodil Stem die, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge rectangle die, sentiment from Newton's Nook Little Lilies stamp set

What's cheerier than a daffodil, and a daffodil against some happy yellow gingham is even better!  I cut the flower from a green and a yellow card, then did some minor shading with  markers before piecing it back together.  

Here's another daffodil card, featuring Newton's Nook sweet set; this one's a little daintier in scope


supplies: white, Green Apple and Bright Yellow card, Newton's Nook Daffodils image and sentiment from Little Lilies, Spellbinders Hemstitch Oval die and Lawn Fawn Fancy Scallop Rectangle die

Hope these brighten your day as much as they did mine!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Both are gorgeous! Daffodils are my favorite Spring flowers, I think I have 33 different varieties in my gardens!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for this breath of fresh spring air, these are lovely! I'm tired of snow and ready for green grass and spring bulbs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely use of the daffodils Lin, and a pair of beautiful cards!
Please be kind in wishing for an early spring - it brings us autumn... and I can see signs of it already!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. Hope Spring arrives quickly for you... our summer is still going strong.