Friday, February 18, 2022

Susan's Garden Favorites

Susan Tierney Cockburn is releasing some new dimensional flower dies this month at Spellbinders, and I was lucky to play with 3 of them.  I chose these because they are all sentimental favorites of mine.  I used colored cardstock for all of my cards

First up, Trillium.  I got to know this woodland wildflower up close and personal, as it grew in the woods near our house here in Ohio.  Sadly, that area has just recently been developed for condominiums, so the huge swaths of trillium there are no more.  I was able to transplant a few to our gardens, however.


supplies: cream, bright yellow, and 2 green cardstock colors, Susan's Garden Favorites Trillium dies, Memory Box Pinpoint Leaf Plate, Simon Miss You die

Next up, Lilac, everyone's sentimental favorite.  We had a long line of these growing along the driveway at my Grandfather's house, and we have a double red variety (similar in color to the lilac below on the left) on the south side of our house now, a transplant from my Dad's garden.  Who can resist their unmistakable fragrance?  


supplies: 2 purple, green, kraft cardstock, a script pattern paper, Susan's Garden Favorites Lilac dies, branch from her Dogwood set, (retired) Hero Arts cling sentiment stamp, twine, vintage photo distress ink

I thought this faint script background and the sentiment made a good fit with this spray.

And finally, Dogwood.


supplies: kraft, cream and green cardstock, a watercolor patterned paper, Susan's Garden Favorites Dogwood dies, (retired) Simon sentiment from Beautiful Day, (retired) Hero Arts tiny pale green pearls

This is another plant that I grew up with.  Another native tree, it comes in this classic cream color, also in pinks, and has a lovely graceful way of spreading its branches.  A sign of spring for sure!

Many thanks to Spellbinders for sharing these with me!  

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How PRETTY! Lilacs are my favorite flower! Thanks for this wonderful peek into Spring!

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely dies and beautiful cards Lin. here Lilac can rapidly get out of control and is considered a real pest when it gets into the native forests...
But it is still a lovely flower.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards. These flowers are beautiful. I have the dogwood dies - this has reminded me to get them out and give them some love