Monday, June 6, 2022

Adding Texture

Recently, Jennifer McGuire did a wonderful tutorial on adding texture using cover dies and die-cuts.  I loved her examples and couldn't wait to give her technique a try!  So I dug out some of my own supplies and here are the results.


supplies: kraft, Mint, Green Leaf and a darker and a lighter green cardstock, Spellbinders Ferns dies, Simon Detail Bohemian cover plate, The Greetery Opposites Attract stamp and matching die, Hero Arts Latte ink

I followed Jennifer's directions exactly and I love the results!  I think, because of the colors and the leaves, this would make a great card for a guy.  So for my 2nd card I made a card  maybe more suited to a girl.


supplies: white, green apple, orange peel, audrey blue, and sunshine card, Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms and leaves from Stitched Flowers dies, Pink Fresh Studio Floral and Diamond Tiles cover plate and Perfect Sentiments hot foil plate and matching cutting dies, gold glimmer foil, Doodlebug sprinkles

This time I did a simple design with the large flowers and leaves, glued onto a white base, then run through my machine with an embossing mat and folder only so as not to cut out the design, just impress it.  After trimming the panel and matting it, I added smaller flowers and popped up my foiled sentiment.

Be sure to watch Jennifer's video that I referenced at the top - she has lots of ideas for this technique.

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are fantastic, Lin! You're a good student ;)

Dawn T said...

two gorgeous cards Lin. I haven't tried out this technique yet. I'm impressed with how beautiful you cards turned out.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that technique, Lin! I watched the video but haven't tried it yet - well done on implementing Jennifer's technique so quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Can you do the same technique with embossing folders?

Lin said...

Anonymous, that's an interesting thought!