Saturday, June 4, 2022

Daisy Days

 The Greetery had a new release late last month called Garden Variety.  I was able to get just a few things from it this time - here's my first card using the Daisy Days stencils, stamps, and matching die set.


supplies: white, soft yellow, and Soft Navy cardstock, Daisy Days stamp and stencil set and matching die, Simon Script Thanks Shadow dies, adhesive foam

I've been seeing cards with dark backgrounds, but wasn't ready to use black yet, at least not with these colors, so I chose a soft navy background.  After I stencilled my design in soft blue, yellow, and green - I was thinking daisies and forget-me-nots - I cut it out with the matching die and attached it to the navy background.  The set also includes the ability to stamp and cut out some of the larger motifs from this design, so I added more daisies and lifted them up, along with my sentiment.  

Betsy included a sweet stencil and a tiny set of flower and leaf dies as a thank you because she's celebrating her 3rd Anniversary with this release, and I couldn't resist making a card only with the stencil.


I used 2 different blue inks and a green.  After doing my inking, I added some details to the leaves with a marker, then l attached the stencil back to the card and embossed it with an embossing mat and plate, then added some little enamel dots to the larger flowers and framed it in blue.  Thank you, Betsy, what a lovely gesture!

Betsy hits another homerun with this release - I have almost all of it on my wishlist.  Her Print Shop series are fast becoming some of my favorites!

I'll be back soon with some more of my new goodies; thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful summer floral cards Lin. Love the richness of the daisies card and how adorable is the second one. So delicate looking

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lin - love the dark background behind the daisies and the forget me nots.
Blessings
Maxine