Thursday, June 16, 2022

Just Wanted to Say Collection

 Spellbinders released a new collection recently. which they are calling Just Wanted to Say, and I have 3 cards to share with you!

My first card features the new Wreath Builder dies.


supplies: white card, Wreath Builder dies, markers to color, white pearls, sentiment from Concord & 9th Harvest Wreath Turnabout stamp set, Wplus9 Blossomsberry ink

I kept this CAS, and used 2 sprigs of flowers and leaves, cut twice each, to form my wreath, then added additional flowers - easy and a delicate design!  There are dies for the flowers alone, which I doubled up for more dimension.

Next up, some bird cards!  This first one uses the Little Chickadee dies.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue card, Little Chickadee and a leaf sprig from Wreath Builder dies, colored with markers, Simon Beautiful Butterflies sentiment, Lumber embossing folder, heart sprinkles

I used the 3rd of the leaf sprigs from the Wreath Builder dies to make something for the bird to perch on, cutting them all from white cardstock and coloring them with markers before assembling.  I wanted to bring out more of the aqua in the bird, so I embossed a woodgrain texture onto my background, and inlaid the retired Becca Feeken shape into it.

My 3rd card features another bird set called Sweet Birdie, and I made a mini slimline with it.



supplies: white, 2 yellows, black, and green card, Sweet Birdie dies, Petite Floral Potpourri dies and Mini Slimline Envelope/Nested Card Creator dies, a retired Hero Arts sentiment, black enamel dot, adhesive foam squares 

These last 2 sets of birds contain 8 dies each, so you can make a variety of birds just by changing up colors and adding and subtracting elements to make them as complicated or simple as you like. 

Once again, many thanks to Spellbinders for sharing these fun dies with me!

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW. Lin these cards are amazing. Love how you have showcased these beautiful dies, especially the wreath ones
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful trio of cards. All are stunning but I fell in love with the last one... it just amazing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous trio of cards, Lin - oh my, I feel enabling... Especially love card one with the delicate purple flowers!!