Sunday, November 6, 2022

Blooming Flower Bed

 I fell in love with this little set of flower stencils from Altenew as soon as I saw it!  Here are 2 easy cards using them, one cool, one warm.


supplies: white and periwinkle cardstock, Altenew Blooming Flower Bed stencils, blue mini inks from Lapis Lazuli, purples from Enchanted Garden, Simon Dublin green ink, sentiment from (retired) 2013 clear set called Happy Every Day, adhesive strip

My small blending brushes from Simon are the perfect size for stencils like this, so that you can use more than one color per stencil as I did today on both my cards.  Since this is such a simple design, I layered the flower stencil back on top after all coloring was finished and ran it through my die-cutting machine with embossing pads to give it some subtle dimension.  I did the same on my next card.



Layered stencilling has become one of my favorite techniques, and I always love the results - bless the designers of these products!

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great versions with that stencil, Lin - I think my fave is the blue one :)

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful colour ways.

June from Minnesota said...

Embossing the image after ink blending is genius! It really makes a difference- the perfect touch :)

kiwimeskreations said...

I had picked the dimension immediately Lin- beautiful cards with two different 'feels' with the different colourways
Blessings
Maxine

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your colour combinations. so lovely.