Monday, November 28, 2022

Paper Village

 Happy Monday!  Hope all of you in the US had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!

I have had this set of little houses on my wishlist since it appeared in 2021, but just never got around to grabbing it.  Fast forward to this November, and I finally got around to getting it and playing with it.  First I made a set in Cream cardstock with silver glitter roofs, and then, once I was feeling more sure of myself, I made another set using small-scale printed papers.  Couldn't wait to share!


supplies: Tim Holtz Paper Village 2, various printed papers, 1/8" Score tape and Gina K Connect liquid glue

I used music paper for the church, a script, a tiny ditsy print on blue, and a pale yellow stripe for the houses, plus a solid red for the "barn" and a solid grey for the "silo".

Alot of these papers are from old Basic Grey paper pads - they often had solids mixed in, which worked nicely for my roofs, and were not flimsy.  If you're wondering, the trees were made years ago, using a Concord & 9th Take a Bough set of dies.  I'm hoping Sir Tim will come out with some free-standing trees someday in a size to go along with these houses.........

I have had this little grouping sitting on one of my kitchen shelves most of this month, but it will be replaced now for Christmas.  These ones are done in Cream cardstock with white glitter cardstock roofs.  They will probably be nestled in some greens on my mantel.  


Tim mentioned these villages in his Christmas Hoopla last weekend, and hinted that he may play with them again for us soon - can't wait!  Thanks for stopping by today. 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are wonderful, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling villages, Lin - the patterns came together so well on the colorful one and I love the creamy set too!!

Dawn T said...

totally amazing Lin. Love the patterned village but oh my, the elegance of the cream village is really astonishing. I totally love it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a gorgeous set of houses etc in this set Lin, and you have used them beautifully in both 'villages'! Fabulous results
Blessings
Maxine