Sunday, November 27, 2022

Changing Seasons

Recently I was looking through my "To Inspire" Pinterest board and found something that I wanted to mimic on a card. I'm always drawn to birch trees, and putting them against a wood plank background really appealed to me! Here's my result.


supplies: white and Lipstick Red cardstock, aqua plank dp from Hobby Lobby, Taylored Expressions Birch Tree cover die, Spellbinders Sealed Birds dies, Hero Arts 2015 woodblock Beauty of the Season

The planks on this paper were a bit too wide, so I simply used a t-square and a black marker to draw lines to make them skinnier. 

I've done many takes on this theme of cardinals in birch trees down through the years, and I will continue to do so each year, I think.  Thanks for indulging me once again!

Here's the pin that inspired me.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Lin. Love the little red birds

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the birch trees with the woodplank behind, Lin - perfect with the pop of red birdies!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great way to modify your paper Lin, and it is a fabulous card that you have created
Blessings
Maxine