Friday, November 18, 2022

Some New Washi Tapes!

 I'm a big fan of Pink Fresh Studio's wide washi tapes, and they recently brought out a new group of them.  Today's post has cards using 2 of the new designs, Chrysanthemums and Whimsical Blooms.  I learned awhile back that I can usually fussy-cut the designs without much trouble, it just takes a bit of patience and good lighting, so I saved myself a bit of money and did just that.


supplies white and a dark coral from Memory Box Berry Red collection paper pad, Chrysanthemum washi tape, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die, sentiment from Simon Leafy Frames clear stamp set, adhesive foam squares

I grouped together 3 of the flower sprigs from the washi and popped them above a cutting of  my old favorite Hemstitch Rectangle die.

My 2nd card uses the largest sprig from the Whimsical Blooms washi roll.  


supplies: white and Doll Pink cardstock, Whimsical Blooms washi tape, Spellbinders Floral embossing folder, Paper Smooches Fab Frames die, Honey Bee Bitty Buzzwords stamp and matching die, adhesive foam 

For this one, I wanted to make my colored background textural, and in looking through my embossing folders, I found this doll pink panel already done - I think it matches the flowers perfectly!  Then I proceeded to cover up most of it......This time I lifted everything above the card base.

And one more, using another of the little bouquets in this set.


supplies: white and  a lilac from the Memory Box Twilight Purple paper pad, Whimsical Blooms Washi, Ornate Oval die, Hero Arts Sending Love Mail sentiment and Boutique Accessories fishtail die, Simon Blossom Field embossing folder, white pigment ink

This ornate oval is the perfect place to hold this delicate little bouquet; it reminds me of a cameo!   And this time you can see more of my embossing - I swiped the background with white pigment ink gently to bring out the details even more.

These washi tape elements certainly make for easy and colorful designs.  I always make up 2 or 3 panels of them when they arrive, cut them out, and store them so they're ready for last-minute cards. 

5 comments:

Steph Mitchell said...

Lin, these cards are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What beautiful washi embellishments you made and used so fabulously on your cards. They are all so pretty

kiwimeskreations said...

Exquisite work Lin - I love all of the cards, they are all beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you were busy with the washi, Lin - so gorgeous! The embossed backgrounds add so much to cards two & three but I love the simplicity of the hemstitched frame on card one too!!