Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Let It Snow

 I recently brought home a Gina K. Master Layout set of dies, my first, and mixed it with a bunch of retired snow-themed products for my card today.


supplies: white, a blue from the Ocean Blue collection paper pad, and Chrome Silver mirror card, Master Layouts 11 dies, oxide inks in mermaid lagoon, prize ribbon, and wilted violet, blending brushes, (retired) Hero Arts Snowflake Circle cling stamp, clear ink and white embossing powder, an unknown snowflake die, (retired) Birch Press Design Let it Snow dies, a silver snowflake sequin

I used the largest master layout die to make a mask to sponge on my inks, then left it in place and overstamped a small snowflake stamp, white heat-embossing it.  The snowflakes were the perfect size for these windows, don't you think?  The panel was then matted in silver foil card.  I used that for my sentiment dies, too.  I seem to remember that the large snowflake may have come with Cuttlebug machines when they first came out?  I don't actually have it, but I used to borrow it from a friend and cut bunches of them at a time, which I still have after all these years!

This shade of blue cardstock is the perfect blue, just right for a crisp clear winter sky, but more importantly it matched my ink blending nicely.


Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Frosty and fabulous!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Lin. It's such a fantastic card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Lin - love your blues and silver.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks like a fun layout set - just love what you did with it, Lin! Perfect with that jumbo snowflake in the center!!