Tuesday, November 8, 2022

For a November Birthday

 I wanted to use Simon Hurley's Candy Stripe die again and make it into a plaid, so here's what I came up with for my brother-in-law's birthday card this year.


supplies: kraft, burnt orange, tangerine cardstock, Candy Stripe die, Lil Inker Boxed Up Birthday die, Honey Bee Fall Bouquet maple leaves colored with distress inks

What an easy way to get a plaid background!  Just cut this stripe die twice, and reverse one of them before layering them.  I also cut the sentiment die twice in 2 colors and off-set it when I placed it on its backing.  The leaves were already sitting on my desk, so this came together pretty quickly once I decided on my colors.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great colors, pretty card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love this, Lin - perfect card for a guy's fall bday! Thanks for the inspiration - I have to make a card for my nephew very shortly!!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Lin. Love the design and fabulous colour scheme