Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Christmas Rose

 Recently a sweet friend sent me a gift card and I treated myself to a set of dies that have long been on my wishlist.  These Lovely Layers Rose dies will be used mostly in the warmer months, but I wanted to give them a test run, so I made a Christmas card with them for today's post.


supplies: Lipstick Red and Cream cardstock, various reds from Memory Box Berry Reds and greens from Lush Green paper pads, Honey Bee Lovely Layers Rose, Simon Detail Ringlet cover plate die and a Christmas sentiment strip, adhesive foam squares

The rose consists of 7 layers, which can be a problem when finding that many shades of a color , but I doubled up on 1 of the lower layers, as hardly any of it shows.  Next time I play with these, I'll try using inks and varying the intensity of them.  They go together quickly and easily and, as with many of Honey Bee's layering flowers, give a lovely result; even the stems and leaves use 3 shades of green.

I wanted a subtle background to let the rose be the star, and this Ringlet Circle die fit the bill perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

GORGEOUS! I love layered dies like this- they are so realistic and detailed :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card! Merry Christmas, Lin!

Dawn T said...

This is simply AMAZINZG Lin. What a beautiful card.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous rose on your beautiful card. Love the detailed background too. I have this set but have not used it. You have inspired me to get it out and play with it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
JoAnn