Sunday, December 11, 2022

Home Sweet Quilt Collection: Filigree Eight Point Star and Orange Peel

Today I have some cards using more of the Home Sweet Quilt collection by Becca Feeken.

Here's another set of dies that I couldn't wait to play with:  Filigree Eight Point Star.


supplies: white and 2 shades of cornflower blue cardstock, Filigree Eight Point Star dies, Quilty Hugs Sentiments, embossed in white, tiny heart sprinkle

This set of dies has all kinds of possibilities!  There are filigree pieces for all of the triangle and diamond pieces of the large star, but you don't have to use them, as there are stitching dies also (you can see them in the corner triangles).  

At this time of year, I wanted a kind of snowflake look, so I kept to 2 shades of blue and white, but you could bring in all kinds of colors if you'd like!

I showed you this Orange Peel embossing folder earlier HERE, but today I thought I'd let it be the star of the show.


supplies: white and Peacock cardstock, Orange Peel embossing folder, peacock feathers distress ink, sentiment dies from Log Cabin & Flower Mini Quilts die set, scalloped circle and circle die

After embossing on white cardstock, I lightly rubbed peacock feathers ink in a circular motion across the surface to catch the highest points.  Then I trimmed the panel slightly, matted it, and added my sentiment.

If you're a quilter, you are going to love this collection - I've shown you only a few of the sets that Becca has designed!

Thanks for visiting today.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What gorgeous cards Lin. So beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous dies and embossing folder Lin, and stunning cards :)
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the snowflake quilt block in blues & white, Lin! And fun quilty sentiment with the orange peal embossing behind!!