Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Berry Wreath on Black

 A couple weeks ago I saw a card by Joan Bardee on IG that moved me to try making a card with a black background.  This is entirely against my grain, as I'm mostly a pastel, soft-colors girl, but I've seen enough designs this past year on a black background to see that it can make a card into a stunner.  

Here's my CASE of Joan's card.

 

supplies: black, Peacock, 2 pinks, and kraft cardstock, Simon's Berry Wreath dies and Scripty Joy die, (retired) Lil Inker Circle and Diamond Stitched Pattern cover die

I love how it turned out, but now I can't get past a Christmas card being black........what are your feelings on that?  Perhaps this would be better for another occasion (with another sentiment).

Thanks for your visit today!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

WOW! VERY dramatic! the pink really pops!

Lisa Elton said...

This is striking and very pretty!

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Lin, and I love your cover plate background.
One year I made all my Christmas cards on black, but looking back, I would not repeat it :)
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Very dramatic. Love pink and black together and I think it looks great as a Christmas card.