Friday, April 28, 2023

Blue and Yellow Roses

I have had this Altenew Antique Roses dies set on my wishlist forever, and finally brought it home!  They are a dream to work with, and I spent a fun couple of days making these in several colors.  I even used some blue paint chips, and here is the card I made with them.  I've always loved this particular shade of  blue and yellow together.


supplies: white, Green Leaf, 4 shades of yellow cardstock, blue paint chips, The Greetery Diagonal Tartan Builder layering stencils, squeezed lemonade distress ink, Altenew Eastern Sky and Ultramarine inks, Altenew Antique Rose Craft a Flower dies, sentiment die from Spellbinders Hugs 

The only problem I have is finding 4 shades of a color in cardstock to make these come alive.  As you can see, I'm still on the plaid-making wagon, too!  It's another pleasing activity......

It's Friday!  What do you have planned for your weekend?  Hope it's a great one!

5 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

Oh, my! The blue and yellow plaid is beautiful! I think that gorgeous rose die will have to come to stay at my home as well- LOVE IT!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Love the blue and yellow roses together and your lovely plaid background is perfect with them. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Lin! Those big blooms are wonderful and those are the perfect shades of blue and yellow!

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunner Lin - those dies are amazing.
My weekend is indoors as I am in isolation thanks to covid... it's taken 3 years, but it has finally got me!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful - blue and yellow together in this shades is stunning. Busy weekend for me... not much card making but had an hour or so playing with paints and inks with my little grandie. She just loves the colours and putting paints and inks on to card,