Saturday, April 29, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday

 What a great idea Amy has, to start a challenge which I love, called Woodblock Wednesday, where she asks us to use a woodblock stamp for a new creation!  I started stamping back when there were almost nothing BUT woodblock stamps, so I have quite a collection.  I've been thinking about what I'd like to use for my first entry, and in looking back through my Pinterest boards, I decided on Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly.  Mine has a date of 2009 on it.  Here's my card.


supplies: unknown aqua and pink floral design paper, pink cardstock, Heart Winged Butterfly woodblock, Simon Spring Bouquets sentiment, enamel dots from Altenew Cherry Blossom collection, unknown stitched scalloped rectangle

I chose my printed paper, and stamped the butterfly twice, then cut them out and layered them, securing them only along the body so that I could pop up the wings.  

Amy asked to see how we store our woodblocks.  Here's a picture taken a long while back, maybe about the era of my butterfly stamp.  I have open shelving and some old printer drawers on the walls to the right of my desk.  


Since that picture was taken, we've added another 4 shelves on the left of my desk.  They do double duty to display cards, too!

Thank you, Amy, for giving me a reason to use these old beauties!  I hope to play every month.



7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the prefect little beauty for your first entry! Wonderful card, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

such a beautiful card Lin, I love your colours and the layered butterfly - I also have some old woodblock stamps that need to see the light of day!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. I got this stamp out this morning for my grand-daughter - she had fun using lots of different colours on her butterfly. Perfect for 4 year old to colour in. Even I coloured one up!

~amy~ said...

Lin, I ADORE your project. So pretty! Thanks also for sharing your storage, so fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Linby said...

You've made the prettiest card with the butterfly stamped on the same paper as the background. Great stamp display too.

Shar Zar said...

Pretty.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is STUNNING and your display of wooden stamps is so pretty!