Monday, April 24, 2023

Ever in Bloom

Taylored Expressions has perfected a wonderful concept: layering stencils, called Quads, which can make 4 cards at one time, because the stencils are 8 1/2 X 11"!  I love Taylor's designs, and she's hit it out of the park with this idea!

Here is my first play with her newest Ever in Bloom stencil set.


I started with a piece of 8 1/2 X 11" white cardstock, then systematically layered the 4 stencils, using these inks: Simon Says Stamp Teeny Bikini, Melon, Duckling, Altenew Lime, and vintage photo distress ink.  Then I trimmed out each panel to a little less tha A2 size and framed each with a colored cardstock: kraft, Cotton Candy, a darker pink, and Green Apple.  Then I chose a stamp or die to fit each.  Here are the individual cards:



supplies: sentiment from Honey Bee Bitty Buzzwords dies, cut from a dark brown cardstock and shadowed with vellum


supplies: stamped sentiment from Taylored Expressions Handlettered Sentiments cling stamps, stamped in Altenew Dark Chocolate ink


supplies: Simon Just Miss You sentiment, Dark Chocolate ink

supplies: Avery Elle Loads of Wishes sentiment, Dark Chocolate ink 

HERE's a link to more of these Create-in-Quads sets.  If you love layering stencils, you will love these!  I can't wait to try some other color combinations!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

She did have a great idea! These are all charming, Lin. I like your color choices!

Dawn T said...

What an amazing idea, Lin. It's made 4 beautiful cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful set of cards Lin, and a great concept for a stencil!
Blessings
Maxine

June from Minnesota said...

So sorry you are leaving the Wednesday design team- I LOVE seeing your creativity. Your designs inspire me so please continue posting because I need your ideas! :-)